MTS is one of the largest private sector employers in Manitoba, with over 100 years of history of doing business in communities across the province – from Emerson to Churchill. Over the years, we have developed initiatives that ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of the many communities in which we live and do business.
Some of the initiatives that highlight our commitment to the Indigenous community include:
- Being an active member of the Aboriginal Chamber of Commerce.
- Enhancing our recruitment practices to source qualified candidates for employment opportunities.
- Offering Indigenous Awareness training to our employees.
- Awarding scholarships to students enrolled in fields of study related to the telecommunications industry, such as: the MTS Future First Scholarship, the MTS Telecommunications Award at Red River College and the Aboriginal Awards Program at Brandon University.
- Awarding scholarships and bursaries to students in the ‘Aboriginal Business Education Partners Program’ at the I.H. Asper School of Business.
MTS is committed to hiring Indigenous people and achieving a representative workforce. We strongly encourage Indigenous job seekers to visit our website at www.mts.ca/careers.
For more information about MTS scholarships, please visit www.mts.ca/scholarships.