Over more than a century, MTS has evolved from a provider of telephone services to Manitoba’s most established and dynamic communications company. Our roots run deep and wide.
As we’ve grown, our products and services have changed, but our priorities have remained the same: MTS builds connections that strengthen relationships and transform communities. This is more than a mandate, it’s a mission, requiring a commitment to something beyond market share.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a key component of our success and reflects our understanding of the connection between sustainable, responsible business practices, healthy communities and thriving economies. We work hard every day to strengthen that connection, and we do it by focusing on seven key areas:
- We develop products and services that connect customers, wherever they are.
- We cultivate a vibrant, diverse workforce, delivering equality of opportunity, comprehensive and competitive rewards, benefits, professional development and wellness experiences.
- We live where we work, and actively invest in organizations that strengthen our communities. Through MTS Future First: Connecting Today’s Youth to Tomorrow, we provide sponsorships, grants and scholarships, value-in-kind support and volunteer commitment in Manitoba.
- We work with our suppliers to help manage the movement of materials in socially and environmentally responsible ways within an open, fair and competitive procurement process.
Sustainability and Environment
- We adopt sustainable practices, processes and technologies that promote efficiency, conserve natural resources and respect our connection to the planet.
- We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity in corporate governance practices to demonstrate openness, transparency and fairness, complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We create shareholder value by expanding our suite of products and services to respond to new and emerging telecommunications needs, streamlining our organizational processes, and supporting sustainable economic growth in our communities.